Sunday, April 13, 2014

Selfie Sunday #2


What better way to open up the Holy Week than with Francis taking selfies with his fanatical fans.  It is all about the man and seldom about God in the man-centered Novus Ordo Missae.  The selfies took place after an impromptu homily in which he posed the following questions,

“Who am I? Who am I, before my Lord?”
“Who am I, who enters into Jerusalem in celebration?”
“Am I able to express my joy, to praise Him?”
“Or do I keep distant?”
“Who am I, before Jesus Who suffers?”
“Is my life asleep?”
“Am I like Judas, who pretended to love, and kissed the Master to give him over, to betray him? 
“Am I a traitor?”

We don't know about you but we recall Francis remarks to journalists soon after his election in which he said, "How I would love a church that is poor and for the poor."  This reminds us of Judas but "who are we to judge?"

Is he a Pope or a Rock Star?

Nothing like kicking off Holy Week with some Selfies!

Will his fans ever abandon him?

Francis pointing out a neo-pelagian to security?

It is all about Francis!

Is this someone who is humble? 

"The world loves me!"

Is Francis a hipster?

Did St. Francis ever take selfies?

Francis loves being the center of attention.

What a day Palm Sunday was Francis style!


Related :

2 comments:

  1. In India some of the Catholics love Simple & Humble Jorge " because he travels by bus". This has the added advantage that the money saved can go into the coffers of "poorer Catholics" elsewhere, so that the nuns in those places can move about in freshly and frequently laundered garb, and the priests can indulge in civil engineering works to upgrade parish churches, schools etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our reference to Judas for Jorge's 'poor church for the poor' pertains to Mary Magdalene anointing of Christ with the spikenard in the alabastron jar. Judas complained about the waste of money as the perfume cost over a year's wages and could have been better spent on the poor.

      Jesus said, "The poor you will always have with you, but you will not always have me. When she poured this perfume on my body, she did it to prepare me for burial. Truly I tell you, wherever this gospel is preached throughout the world, what she has done will also be told, in memory of her."

      Delete