On 23 June 2014, Francis had several evangelicals as his guests at the Vatican where he had lunch with them. Among those in attendance were the following:
- John and Carol Arnott - Founders of Catch The Fire
- Kenneth Copeland - Founder of Kenneth Copeland Ministries
- James Robison - Founder of Life Outreach International
- Geoff Tunnicliffe - Head of Worldwide Evangelical Alliance
- Tony Palmer - Bishop & International Ecumenical Officer of the Communion Evangelical Episcopal Churches
- Thomas Schirrmacher - Protestant theologian and author of 74 books on religion
- Brian Stiller - Global Ambassador of the World Evangelical Alliance
Click on the blue text to read Call Me Jorge's stories about this event:
- Francis & brother 'bishop' Tony - Francis is Tony's mentor and spiritual father. Francis wants Tony to be a bridge between faiths and he was responsible for the Evangelical Lunch.
- the Evangelical Lunch - photos from the lunch, see Kenneth Copeland pray on Francis.
- Francis & the Evangelicals prepare for a one world religion - articles by Brian Stiller and James Robinson on their encounter with Francis.
- Amen, amen, amen, amen, hallelujah, praise the ... - a video of Kenneth Copeland sharing his experience of meeting Francis.