Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Sister Cristina releases new single, 'Like A Virgin'

and answers her critics in an interview!


***** WARNING *****
 IMMODEST PHOTO & 
SEXUALLY SUGGESTIVE LYRICS 
***** WARNING *****


Madonna Ciccone's music video for Like A Virgin was shot in 
Venice, Italy as is Suor Cristina's video.

You can't make this stuff up!!!

Suor Cristina - Like A Virgin




"Like A Virgin" by Madonna Louise Ciccone
 as sung by Suor Cristina
I made it through the wilderness
Somehow I made it through
Didn't know how lost I was
Until I found you

I was beat incomplete
I'd been had, I was sad and blue
But you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
Shiny and new

Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time
Like a virgin
When your heart beats
Next to mine

Gonna give you all my love,
My fear is fading fast
Been saving it all for you
'Cause only love can last

You're so fine and you're mine
Make me strong, yeah you make me bold
Oh your love thawed out
Yeah, your love thawed out
What was scared and cold

Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time
Like a virgin
When your heart beats
Next to mine
You're so fine and you're mine
I'll be yours 'til the end of time
'Cause you made me feel
Yeah, you made me feel
I've nothing to hide
Like a virgin
Touched for the very first time
Like a virgin
With your heartbeat
Next to mine

Cristina explains what she loves in life & what  the driving force in her life is...



Ooops, she forgets to mention one important thing in her life, Christ!


October 20, 2014
Avvenire.it

Get ready. Turning on the radio, from today - Monday, October 20, you could be startled discovering that Sister Cristina, the winner of TV talent show The Voice , decided to sing Like a Virgin by Madonna.  As if that weren't enough, she chose it as her single - that is, as a 'business card' - of her debut album, Sister Cristina, which will be released on November 11th in the world and will contain 10 tracks revisited and reinterpreted : Try, Like A Virgin, Somewhere Only We Know, Blessed Be Your Name, Fix You, No One, I Surrender, True Colors, and Price Tag, Longe ou depois (Ordinary World) as well as two previously unreleased songs: Fallin 'Free and L’Amore Vincera.

Listening to Sister Cristina sing Like a Virgin will make one probably wonder: what came to mind? Where are you going? Doesn't she realize that it will trigger an uproar? Not to mention the irony that will sprout on the web about a nun who sings a song like that, brought to success by a pop star who has often used in a provocative manner religious symbols.

Of all this, Sister Cristina talks exclusively with Avvenire.
We meet in her "home". That is, in the Milanese community of the Ursuline Sisters of the Holy Family.  Three sisters in all, including Cristina. They run a nursery school, a boarding school for thirty universities and collaborate with neighboring parish. She does everything: she teaches catechism, she keeps up with the girls, she takes turns at the front desk, and sings at Mass on Sunday.

I'm going straight to the point.

What came to mind to sing "Like a Virgin" by Madonna?
"I chose it myself. Without any intention to provoke or shock. Reading the lyrics, without being influenced by previous (version), it turns out that it's a song about the ability of love to make people new. To redeem them from their past.  And that's how I wanted to interpret it. For this we turned the track the from pop-dance that it was, into a romantic ballad a bit like Amos Lee. That is something more akin to a secular prayer than it is a pop song. "

Put like that it seems to be talking about (Solomon's) the Song of Songs.
"From a poetic point of view the song refers to a broad tradition, which includes many important texts. However, I am ready for any criticism because for this album we worked with professionalism and honesty. "

Has the pop star Madonna heard the song?
"No, but I'd love to see her face when she does and (when they) say that it is a nun who sings."

How does it feel to know that all over the world, from Australia to the Philippines, from South America to New York, hundreds of thousands of people are expected to buy his album?
"I still have not made it. Why, it is not because of me that all this has happened.  I still do not have the idea of ​​what is going on.  I feel small in front of all of this.  I am 26 years old, (and) I am small. But I know that I have a great responsibility. What I have to give is a testimony.  And I like that. Why I'm thrilled to have met Christ and I would like anyone who has met him."

Did you ever regret having participated in the TV talent show "The Voice" which launched (you) but it has also completely changed your life, it made you a star?
"Sometimes, yes. Especially when, after winning, I felt an almost morbid curiosity on the part of the media.  Some photographers followed me everywhere. I have bent over backwards to go to Mass without being discovered."

How have you been able to withstand the pressure of the fans and media, and the criticisms that have rained down on you?
"After the victory of The Voice , I pulled the plug. I stayed here in the community. I kept silent.  And prayed a lot.  I focused on the fact that I had to renew my vows, that is, the most important thing for me: to protect my spiritual life."

Maybe it is the first time it happened, but it is not easy to get used to the idea of ​​a nun who could become a pop star world.
"No, for me is it not easy. The thing that made me and makes me keep my feet on the ground is to belong to a community that helps me and protects me.  And to know that they are a tool in the hands of God, not a pop star.  I know it's hard to believe, but if I could hide myself, I would do it gladly.  I am an insecure girl and fearful. On stage, I seem very sure, but behind the scenes I tremble like a leaf."

But then why not instead retire and stop all this, why decide to make a debut in the world, making choices inevitably destined to cause a fuss?
"Because I had a great gift: my voice. And I can not hide it, I have to yield to a greater good.  For the community.  And then my insecure side helps me - along with the sisters (of the order) - to always stay ten steps back and not let it go to my head."

But how does a gift to remain pure when it inevitably becomes all about business, money and success?
"You have to preserver every day. For this reason, I try to look at all this with detachment.  For this I pray a lot."

An album that comes out in the world, however, it also means major gains (monetary). Your order also includes a vow of poverty. Who will manage and to what end the money will come?
"For now, after The Voice , it is not there. If and when it arrives, I will have no doubt we will use the money to subsidize projects of benefit to the congregation. For our home in Brazil, but also for a project in my Sicily, where there is plenty of poverty.  I would love to help other associations.  In any case, any choice, I will make with the whole congregation."

I wonder if this will be enough to change the mind of those who critique you because a nun should not be in show (business) on TV.
"The best answer for those who think that is not me, but is Pope Francis. The Church, as he shows it is alive.  We must go out, to meet people.  And then everyone has to put at the service of the community their talents.  At the risk of going against the current."

Have you ever met or heard, maybe on the phone, from Pope Francis?
"No, but I can not wait to meet him.  I wish he would give me his blessing and a sort of official "mandate" to go into the whole world to sing."

You taught catechism in the parish. How do the eyes of children to stay (focused) on, pass me (help me with) the term, a nun "real" and not Sister Christina of "The Voice"?
"It's difficult. It weighs on me that so many see me as "that famous (nun)."  It weighs on me but I know that, thanks to my presence on television, there are also passed on important concepts.  Like when I recited the Our Father in front of everyone."

The year 2015 will be a year dedicated to the consecrated life. Do you feel it is an important tool to reveal its beauty or its reputation could paradoxically become so cumbersome as to become a sort of stumbling?
"I feel a humble instrument. Who hopes to be able to be useful to the Church in such an important year for the consecrated life.  I have already made a proposal to participate in an event at the Vatican.  If they deem it useful, I will be happy to give my contribution."

Excuse me if I insist. But who made you do "Like a Virgin"?  Was this forced by the record company?
"No. I was free in the choices I have made. Of course, as in all partnerships, we come to an agreement. But this song I decided on.  And I'm glad to be playing as both the video clips that we shot in Venice (as did the pop star Madonna in her Like a Virgin - Ed.)  We wanted to convey serenity and poetry.  I believe that we have succeeded."

But I am afraid that the first reactions to your "Like a Virgin" will not be all marked with serenity. To tell you the truth: I do not envy you.  And it's just ...
"I know what's going to be said, and it is only the beginning. But I am calm and will remain serene."


 Suor Cristina's self titled album Sister Cristina
 

list of songs on album &  the original artist

Try - Pink
Fallin' Free - original song
Like A Virgin - Madonna
Somewhere Only We Know - Keane
Blessed Be Your Name -Newsboys
Fix You - Coldplay
No One - Alicia Keys
I Surrender - Hillsong United
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Price Tag - Jessie J
Perto, Longe Ou Depois (Ordinary World) - Duran Duran

9 comments:

  1. She's on the Highway to Hell that one - I said the decline would be rapid. She would be better finding a traditional convent and doing what The Blessed Lord called her to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah- you're just being a negative ninny! She's getting young people interested in Catholicism. It's great and if anyone needs better exposure for future generations, it's the Catholics. Good for her and good for The Church.

      Delete
  2. Significantly, comments are disabled for this youtube - yes sister - you are on a very slippery slope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No she is not at all on a slippery slope. Look at her eyes. She has sold out completely. She belongs to the other side now. It will not show right away. It will manifest itself little by little as she lures the unwary to the pits of hell. She is lost, save for a miracle of God, which will require much prayer and sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You contradict yourself Maria - you first tell me no she's sold out already and then you say it will manifest itself little by little, virtually in agreement with my view. Which one is it, then?

      She certainly is not wholly the other side but she is definitely on the way down.

      Delete
  4. Maybe her next should be "Dancing with the Devil". That would be closest to the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou Reed's "Walk on the Wild Side" would be a good choice for her next recording- and outlines literally where she is headed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She represents the whole error of Vatican II - fornicate purity, chastity and her wedding vows to Jesus Christ her supposed King to befriend those who mock, hate and crucify Him! What kind of bride/wife is that? For their own enrichment and or/fame these women allow themselves to be used to whorrify youth like /Madonna and Lady Gaga. Hollywood is now specifically targeting Spanish (Jane the Virgin & many movies) to indoctrinate them w/baby murdering anti-child, male dominating feminism of Nancy Pelosi.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jane_the_Virgin

    How sad the VCII whore, Sour Cristina and her 2 old hag fairy godmother whores (3 in all!) make Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been nearly made physically ill by seeing even part of this video. Everyone who 'grew up' with MTV emerging in the 1980s well remembers Miss Ciccione/aka "Madonna" singing this song which clearly was meaning sexual relations with a new lover making her feel "like a virgin." For this novus ordo "nun" to sing it and try and make it over into something "Catholic" by trying to imply that she's singing about Christ (and clearly her hanging onto her crucifix on the 'significant' lyrics where Miss Ciccione was referring to her lover in the song is blatantly admitting that she means to replace lover with the Lord) was nauseating. Yes, we know that the nun is the "Bride of Christ" and the fire of Divine Love should encompass their hearts, but not in this celebration of eros trying to make it all into something which the true Church would never have endorsed. More proof of the total insanity of the post Vatican II phoney religion that poses as "Catholicism." God help us and bring an end to this horrendous apostasy.
    As far as the person commenting above saying that this would help bring people into the Church - are you kidding or are you serious? I suppose you think Elton John is now ready to take up the rosary after saying make Bergoglio a saint, after Berg kicked out one of the only higher ranking novus ordo clerics - Burke - out into the wilderness - rather akin to what Montini was forced to do to Bugnini after his masonic connections were coming to the forefront. Good grief.

    ReplyDelete