In what has now become a papal tradition up there right alongside Francis’ inflight interviews is the papal selfie. Every moment is an appropriate one to click away as long as one can get the selfie and post it to social media. Nothing is too sacred and that includes the man-centered memorial known as the Novus Ordo Missae. The North Americans, on 26 September 2015, demonstrated to Francis that they are part of his revolutionary reform of the Novus Ordo. After all “making a mess” is all about me!
What are they here for? Everyone has their cell phone out and is snapping away!
Francis’ priests are “making a mess” during his pontifical mess.
Rev. Stephen Paolino snaps a selfie during a pontifical mess
at the Cathedral Basilica of Saints Peter and Paul in Philadelphia
- Selfie Sunday
- Selfie Sunday #2
- Selfie Sunday #3
- Selfie Sunday #4 (the Max edition)
- Selfie Sunday #5 (the cardboard selfie)
- Selfie Sunday #6 (the joker)
- Francis said, "selfie, selfie" (Selfie Sunday #7)
- Selfie Sunday #8 (a special guest appearance)
- Selfie Sunday #9 ...taking the pomp out of the Papacy!
- Francis rejects “narcissism” for everyone but himself
- Selfie Sunday #10
- Selfie Sunday #11 — Lena Bröder (Miss Germany)