Friday, September 22, 2017

Is Benedict XVI still in touch with John Paul II?


Benedict XVI being interviewed in the Papal Palace of Castel Gandolfo.


Benedict XVI was interviewed by Polish television on 16 October 2005.  It was his first television interview after his election.  During the interview the reporter asked Benedict XVI about his first homily which he gave to the College of Cardinals in the Sistine Chapel on 20 April 2005, specifically when he said, (underlines are ours for emphasis),
“Dear friends, this deep gratitude for a gift of divine mercy is uppermost in my heart in spite of all. And I consider it a special grace which my Venerable Predecessor, John Paul II, has obtained for me. I seem to feel his strong hand clasping mine; I seem to see his smiling eyes and hear his words, at this moment addressed specifically to me, "Do not be afraid!".”

Benedict XVI answered explaining,
“The Pope [John Paul II] was always very close to me through his writings [texts]: I see him and hear him speak, and I can be in a continuous dialogue with the Holy Father because he always speaks to me through these words; I also know the origin of many writings, I remember the conversations we had about one text or another. I can continue the dialogue with the Holy Father. Of course this proximity through the words is not just a proximity purely with the writings but also with the person; behind the writings I feel the Pope himself. A man who goes to the Lord does not leave; more and more I feel that, being with the Lord, he [John Paul II] is close to me also. Insofar as I am close to the Lord, I am close to the Pope and he helps me now to be close to the Lord. I try to enter into his ambience [atmosphere] of prayer, into his love for the Father, his love for the Mother of God, and I entrust myself to his prayers [intercession]. It is thus a continuous dialogue and a being-close-to-one-another — although in a new, yet also very profound, way.” (English translation is CMJ’s)

After reading this a few questions spring to mind:
  • Was John Paul II holding Benedict XVI’s hand when he resigned?
  • Did John Paul II whisper the incorrect Latin into Benedict XVI’s ear as he read his resignation?
  • Did the deceased spirit of John Paul II help Benedict XVI clean up ‘gay lobby’?
  • Is Benedict XVI in his retirement still in contact with this saint?
  • Is this what is meant by the hermeneutics of continuity?
  • Did he congratulate Benedict XVI for revealing the “Third Secret of Fatima”?
  • Etc...

John Paul II in touch with Cardinal Ratzinger.

Cardinal Josef Ratzinger touching John Paul II.

Maybe they will touch hands again, one day soon...

12 comments:

  1. "Is Benedict XVI in his retirement still in contact with this saint?"

    Pseudo-saint.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is all right for you to be mocking and disgusting, but whoever comments on the depth of your contempt will be silenced. Is that it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Babs Jensen! Your silly comment made it through, so that proves something, right?
    The author of the above blog is merely using satire to demonstrate the closeness of these two buddy, buddy APOSTATES. And he did rather a swell job of it imho. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I answered you but my reply was deleted as was my first comment which was followed by the one you see from me here.

      Delete
  4. May first comment not did not make it through and the comment printed above is a response to their refusal to print my first comment, so YOUR comment proves nothing, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't refuse to publish your comment and have published all your comments.

      Perhaps, you didn't enter it on the computer properly?

      Delete
  5. All three popes here are responsible for the complete chaos in the Church. As far as I am concerned, they are all as bad as each other and equally so with Paul VI.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Include roncalli that blocked the truely elected cardinal SIRI.

      Delete
  6. Babs Jensen, post your comment again - I'd bet the farm it was most probably a technical problem. The blog owner/s DEFINITELY is/are NOT into suppression and censorship, unlike the neutralizing, compromising, censoring suppression artists in the SSPX and Novus Ordo sect. (This is not to say that the blog owners would allow objectionable material through to the comments section. They wouldn't.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not now remember exactly what I said, but I find this article distasteful and mocking of the two men who kept the wolves at bay for many years. No prelate or pope is perfect, but the constant maligning and judgement of intentions of these two is sickening. I do not find any humor in making fun of them, especially when we are now seeing the overt destruction of the Revelation these two defended, almost single-handedly, for many years.

      Delete
    2. TRY TO FIND THIS MATERIAL IN ENGLISH



      https://youtu.be/HxbkhfZfNQQ
      https://bibliaytradicion.wordpress.com/2013/01/30/precursores-y-peritos-del-concilio-o-de-la-preciosa-contribucion-al-vaticano-ii-de-teologos-condenad

      Delete
  7. EL PUTO SEGUNDO NO ES SANTO VIEJO PUTO Y LRPMQTPARIÓ

    ReplyDelete