|(Best Friends Forever, Abraham Skorka & Jorge Mario Bergoglio)|
When handing him his award Jorge told Rabbi Skorka,
"You do not know how I was waiting for this moment." And then added, "You deserve it, I did not do anything."The Rabbi proceeded to then give his acceptance speech in which he:
- praised Zionism,
- blamed anti-semitism and Nazism on the theology of the Catholic Church,
- said one cannot be a Christian if one doesn’t know and understand the essence of Judaism,
- called Jesus the Christ a ‘dude’ and argued the Talmud is full of his teachings about love,
- praised the memory of Rabbi Marshall Meyer, a known pederast and child molester,
- stated the shoah/holocaust has no historical precedent, and
- finally finished his speech with, "we are waiting for the Messiah. He will come when God provides."
(Video of Rabbi Abraham Skorka's acceptance speech.)
To see the full 2 hours of the Celebración de los 50 años del inicio del Concilio Vaticano II click here. Notice who else attended :
- Msgr. Víctor Manuel Fernández, rector of the Pontifical Catholic University and new appointee of Francis to an archbishopric.
- Padre Raniero Cantalamessa, Benedict XVI's preacher of the Pontifical Household, who was standing next to a kneeling Jorge when he was blessed by protestant ministers.
- Pastor Nestor Miguez, president of the Argentina Federation of Evangelical Churches.
Remember this was the same rabbi who Francis had dreamed of traveling to Israel with and hugging at the Kotel (Wailing Wall). Taking the above information into account and adding to it the recent behavior of Francis on his Holy Land trip makes us wonder...
...will the world wake up before it is too late?
|(Celebrating 50 years of Vatican II.)|
|(The flyer advertising the special night.)|
|(Photo of some of the crowd in attendance.)|
|(Abraham Skorka receives a congratulatory hug from Jorge Bergoglio.)|
Every day that I read your blog, my jaw drops a little farther.ReplyDelete
May almighty God deliver us from evil.
Thank you for this blogReplyDelete
Well what took them so long? John Paul II kept making every Talmudist and non Catholic he met a papal knight, it seemed! Roy Disney and the conductor of the Metropolitan Opera, James Levine's brother, who he also sent greetings on that person's son's Bar Mitzvah as I recall - Michael Levine? I can't remember the brother's name. Anyway, every day they are morphing into the things that Saint John Chrysostom warned against in his Discourses Against Judaizing Christians. When will God make an end of all of this? For this we all who still hold the Faith must pray and do penance and offer up our daily sufferings.ReplyDelete