(Our apologies to horses, we mean no offense.)
Francis' latest off-the-cuff interview was on the recent airplane ride back to Rome from Istanbul, Turkey. Some of the bombshells Francis said:
- Islam is a religion of peace, the Koran is a book of peace, and Moslems are a peaceful people,
- Christians are sometimes being chased away from the Middle East with kindness,
- Interreligous dialogue is all about the experience,
- Went to Turkey as a pilgrim and entered mosque as a pilgrim,
- Admitted he prayed in mosque (facing Mecca),
- Desires to put man (not God) at the center of everything,
- Wants to go to Moscow to meet its Patriarch,
- Wishes to go to Iraq,
- Holy Spirit is full of surprises,
- The Synod (on the Family) is a path,
- and many more!
Transcribed by Vatican Insider's Andrea Tornielli in the article, “In the mosque I prayed to the Lord for these wars to stop!” Underlines in the Q & A are ours for emphasis.