"He concludes the interview on a question about the controversial Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX). Carefully handling the subject, he chooses to focus on the positive elements to be found in the society, expressing hope that they can be brought back into full communion with the Church — a status they don't currently enjoy. Offering his take on how to best tackle the task of reconciling the society with the Church, Bp. Schneider believes both sides are overestimating the importance of Vatican II."
Capture of the text from Church Militant website.
to the reality...
Did you see the word "hope" once in Schneider's words?
No, well neither did we!
After 'misreporting' about Schneider, Mr. Fitzgerald mentions Bishop Robert Morlin (the bishop of the irreverent and immoral priest Fr. Z) who is "a favorite among traditional Catholics" and who said of the FSSPX, "have nothing to do with them." What does this have to do with Schneider's interview?
This leaves us with several questions:
- Did Ryan Fitzgerald read the entire interview?
- Is he hoping Church Militant readers don't click on the link and read the entire interview?
- Was Mr. Fitzgerald trying to toe the company line?
- Or was he ordered by his boss at Church Militant to misreport?
- Is he trying to prejudice the reader with the Church Militant interpretation in mind?
- Or did Ryan overdose on the new Vortex coffee?
An unidentified male, Anthony Raphael Perlas (founder of Latin Mass Society)
and Ryan Fitzgerald celebrate Anthony's birthday.
*** UPDATE 14 August 2015 1:30 PST ***
Michael Voris has issued a clarification on the words of the false conservative, Athanasius Schneider, which includes a private email exchanged between the two. Voris still hasn't explained why his organization misreported the events.
...and Christopher Ferrara of the Remnant Newspaper clarifies Voris' clarification of Schneider's original interview and follow-up email: